Wednesday, July 2, 2008

He would say cunt to a nun

In the short space between my last post and this one, quite a few interesting things have happened. The biggest of these things is Glastonbury, which I hear didn't sell out this year. Possibley because Jay Z headlined on Saturday, although another factor could be that the Nelson Mandella birthday party gig whatever thing happened last friday. Whilst on the subject of Jay Z, he did an interview with Tim Westwood. It's the first time I've actually heard/seen Tim Westwood, he confuses me. Youtube video of the interview can be seen here.

[Spends next two hours downloading The Mae Shi's back catalogue and browsing their store and searching for anything MS them on eBay.]

The second biggest thing that happened was Boring By The Sea Festival in Weymouth, although I couldn't go because I had to go to Barton Peveril's taster day the following day and it would not be good if I went there with a few hours sleep. I know that's a terrible reason not to go, but I was also struggling to persuade my friends to come with me, and going on my own was not an option because would need some kind of transport even if I did get the train, because my mother would not have picked me up from the train station. So, I kind of mentioned that my college open day happened on monday, that was one of the things that happened. Then, the following day was my/our school's Prom. "Our" because some people from school have looked at this once maybe and there is a slight chance that they will see this. That was for you. Lul. So, today was just recovering from tiredness. Well, that was the plan but it obviously hasn't gone to plan because I am still outrageously tired and have some kind of back pain. So, this means tomorrow will also recovering. And most probably the day after that too.

Now something musical. I bought 4 Or 5 Magicians' debut single from This Is Fake Diy's online store last week and it arrived this morning. It is a double-A side single, with the tracks Ideal Man and Change The Record. I downloaded a hand-ful of 4O5M's songs and the first of the two was my favourite so when I found out about the single, I ordered it straight away. It is 3 minutes of lippy-pop with a dash of "punk" attitude, and reminds me of Bromhead's Jacket.

MP3: 4 Or 5 Magicians - Ideal Man

You can buy your copy of the single from This Is Fake DIY by clicking here!

No comments: