Monday, June 23, 2008

All you'll find here is dead rock stars

Sunday, the day of sleep. That, and watching downloaded episodes of The Simpsons series 16. But what do you do when you have watched all of your episodes, backed them up onto a portable hard drive and deleted them from your laptop in a desperate attempt to save space? You sell things on eBay! I raked in almost £20 for two Hadouken! 7"s, and am still trying to find a new home for the That Boy That Girl 10". Comment if you are interested! So, having £18 sitting in Paypal, I decided to buy something online. I looked in my "buy these" folder on my favourites menu and hunted down the cheapest price for a copy of The Mae Shi - Run To Your Grave, which happened to be £4 on eBay. A day well spent.

Monday, the day of work. If you class work as walking to the post office to post Hadouken! records. But never fear, whilst I may be parting with two 7"x7" packages, I will (hopefully) be recieving three from the generous postman! Two Bloc Party singles from eBay and Elle Milano's new single Laughing All The Way To The Plank. End.

Do you love angry music? Some people do. I dabble in it every now and then, and one of my favourite dabblee's are Untitled Musical Project. They are angry about everything. The weather, Paul McCartney, literally everything. Their anger cannot be described with words alone, you must allow yourself to be shouted at via an mp3!

MP3: Untitled Musical Project - Endless Deodorant And Bad Shoes [Myspace]

Secondly, Tellison. There is less anger and better music. That's not saying they arn't a bit angry though. I can't think of who it is they remind me of, but I'd put money on Tellison being better than them. My eye actually rolled upwards, deciding whether that actually made sense. I hope it did. Their album Contact! Contact! is fantastic so you should definitely check out album highlight Gallery. You don't even have to go far to get it, just move your eyes a few lines down the page!

MP3: Tellison - Gallery [Myspace]

5 comments:

Clare said...

Hey, er this is a bit random, but i stumbled upon this blog by accident and i just thought i'd leave a comment to say how amusing/useful it is (: xxxxx

Clare said...

Uh mypsace had a go at me for not adding you but trying to message you :| xxx

ryan said...

have you hear tellison's new single? it's on the myspace. goodtimes!

jesper said...

Hey Ed,
just wanted to return the favour and leave a comment. You've written about some pretty damn sweet bands - I dig!
and yes, Tellison are awesome (to say the least).

keep up the good work :)

Eileen said...

I do love a good bit of Tellison, but my favourite track is definitely 'Hanover Start Clapping' (which you can listen to here: http://atthesinema.co.uk/?p=2839)